Re: website translation infrastructure

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: website translation infrastructure
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:19:32 +0200

Il giorno mer, 31/03/2010 alle 12.16 +0100, Graham Percival ha scritto:
> Ah, I should remove that directory.  The website is now in:
>   http://lilypond.org/website/development.es.html
> Note that doc links are created from:
>   scripts/auxiliary/create-weblinks-itexi.py

You mean scripts/build.  Yay, yet another place for translating
strings :-P  If you want to make some bits of code available in "a
central place", I can recommend putting them in a module in
python/auxiliar, but have a bunch of other translation maintenance
homework to do before this, so I'll probably won't tackle this.

I maintain that we need to strip the ".html" suffixes for the case of
partial website translations: we've decided that the website translation
may be delivered in two stages, so I'll see how to do as well as
extracting all string translations to Documentation/po.  Please let me
one week for all this.

Best,
John