Re: request for help for research from Guatemala

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: request for help for research from Guatemala
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:13:13 +0000

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 06:35:55PM -0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > If somebody makes an honest effort, I'm willing to help them with
> > coursework.  But I saw no evidence that he had put any effort into
> > his homework before sending an email.
>
> When faced with silly questions like these, I just ignore them. It
> costs me even less of my time than answering RTFM.

My reply was really aimed at other lilypond developers -- I wanted
to discourage developers from taking it seriously and wasting half
an hour helpfully describing stuff in an email to such a student.

(however, if anybody wants to spend half an hour writing stuff for
the programming part of the Contributor's Guide, that would be
quite awesome!  :)

Cheers,
- GRaham