Re: LilyBuntu [don't read kainhofer.com!]

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: LilyBuntu [don't read kainhofer.com!]
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:21:45 +0100

2010/12/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

>> Whatever it does to obtain a new set of manuals, any daily snapshot
>> should do the same.
>
> No.  The docs on kainhofer.com are not our official docs.  It is a
> private server which Reinhold graciously makes available.
> Compiling the docs from scratch requires a fair amount of
> resources, ranging from CPU power to disk life (by using
> read/writes) to electricity.
>
> I agree that any official "daily snapshot" should build from
> scratch.  But I don't think it's worth the resources it would
> take.  A daily doc build was fantastic during GDP, but these days
> the docs don't change all that rapidly, and all doc contributors
> can build the docs themselves (mostly with lilybuntu).

If it's for the planet, it is obvious that a single daily snapshot
takes far less resources than many snapshots made by contributors.
Granted, other would pay for it, so that it's free for me.  But "the
whole amount is what counts" :-)

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com