Re: LilyBuntu [don't read kainhofer.com!]

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: LilyBuntu [don't read kainhofer.com!]
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 13:16:36 +0100

Am Samstag, 11. Dezember 2010, um 00:38:54 schrieb Graham Percival:
> > Whatever it does to obtain a new set of manuals, any daily snapshot
> > should do the same.
>
> No.  The docs on kainhofer.com are not our official docs.  It is a
> private server which Reinhold graciously makes available.
> Compiling the docs from scratch requires a fair amount of
> resources, ranging from CPU power to disk life (by using
> read/writes) to electricity.
>
> I agree that any official "daily snapshot" should build from
> scratch.  But I don't think it's worth the resources it would
> take.  A daily doc build was fantastic during GDP, but these days
> the docs don't change all that rapidly, and all doc contributors
> can build the docs themselves (mostly with lilybuntu).

Okay, I have now changed the system of my doc builds: They are built from
scratch nightly on my office machine (which is idling at night any way), and
then rsync'ed to the server. So, now the docs in kainhofer.com should always
be the really latest version.

The out-of-source build worked just fine on my office machine, no idea what
causes it to fail on the server.

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886