Re: lilybuntu 2

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilybuntu 2
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 04:54:45 +0000

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 09:44:17PM -0700, Colin Campbell wrote:

> Use FF to go to LP website, follow path from Community - Help Us -
> Advanced Tasks to Use Lilybuntu
> Clicked on link to lily-git.tcl source, watched it open as a text file,
> thought "Silly bunt!", opened Nautilus and found the script already in
> my home.

Oops, sorry!  I forgot that the website would be updated
immediately.  My instructions about "if you don't see 'advanced
tasks', then you're looking at old docs" were inaccurate.

> All that said, however, I think that both lily-git and lilybuntu are
> rather awkwardly shoehorned into the CG. It might be worth reorganizing
> a bit:

Sorry, you were looking at the CG before I spent 5 hours working
on this type of reorganization.  :(

unfortunately kainhofer doesn't seem to be updating with the new
CG (or even the new website), so until I release 2.13.44, the only
people who can see the updated instructions are those who can
already compile git.