Re: Adds beam collision avoidance to auto beaming (issue4290069)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Adds beam collision avoidance to auto beaming (issue4290069)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 19:27:59 -0400

On Mar 28, 2011, at 6:39 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> Looks much more readable, thanks!
>

> http://codereview.appspot.com/4290069/diff/11001/lily/beam-collision-engraver.cc
> File lily/beam-collision-engraver.cc (right):
>
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4290069/diff/11001/lily/beam-collision-engraver.cc#newcode59
> lily/beam-collision-engraver.cc:59: // Start conisdering grobs at the
> first grob whose end falls at or after the beam's beginning.
> typo: conisdering

Co = with
nis = niche (Dutch)
dering = from dere, "to harm" in old English, which is a Dutch variant, thus
the "nis"

As the beam collision engraver prevents beams in the same niche from harming
each other, I felt that the neologism was appropriate.  But, for ease of
reading, I'll change it to considering, although it no longer encapsulates the
meaning I was trying to imbue into the word.

Cheers,
MS