Re: [translations] Re: CG 5.8.3: updating committish of lsr snippets

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [translations] Re: CG 5.8.3: updating committish of lsr snippets
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:02:14 +0000

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il 31/10/2011 21:05, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
>>>
>>> you haven't applied it yet, right?
>>
>> Now it is; please pull, test it and tell me.
>
> Ok, thanks.
> Well, I had tested it before and I knew what it would have happened.
>
> 'make check-translation' is a mess now.
>
> If you run this command you'll see what I mean:
>
> cd Documentation
> make ISOLANG=it NO_COLOR=1 check-translation | less
>

> Is it normal?
> I guess it's not. There's a lot of garbage.
> I've tried the check-translation of spanish and in most (all?) of cases the
> only change for each file in snippets/ is the committish.
>

> BTW, it would be much better if check-translation could check only the
> modifications in the texidoc="" and doctitle="" parts of the snippets (the
> parts that must be translated).
> Is it possible? (question for Python developers)

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I just noticed that what you are
discussing may relate to a problem I just mentioned elsewhere in the
"RFC: \hideNote" thread - running makelsr.py introduces spurious blank
lines prior to lines which begin

       %% Translation of GIT committish: ...

If I run it say 5 times in a row, then in each snippet file there is
an extra 5 blank lines before this comment.

Could this be related to the work you are doing?

Thanks!
Adam