Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 13:15:47 -0700

On Nov 5, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Keith OHara wrote:

> I worry because you make the spacing given to bar lines rather independent of
> the printed extent of bar lines, and the way you calculate the space uses a
> part of LilyPond that I find hard to understand.

It took me months to get my head around it.

> I continue to worry until I see some evidence that someone besides you
> understands the patch.

This is not unwise.  I toyed around once with the idea of writing some
documentation for the CG that discussed how pure things work in LilyPond but
spent time on other things - would that help?
If you have a few questions (even if they're broad) that you'd like to ask, I'd
be happy to answer them.

Cheers,
MS