Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Fixes NoteColumn vs SpanBar collisions. (issue 5323062)
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 10:46:18 -0800

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:01:01 -0800, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

If the version from current master is acceptable in traditional
typesetting,then I'll revert.  But all the (meager) evidence I find is to the
contrary(also see attached), which is why I'm standing by the most recent patch
set.

One cannot tell from your examples if the engraver used extra space for the
accidentals on ledgers relative to non-accidentals just after the bar.  Some
engravers do so.  I'll attach a snip of Breitkopf's publication of Sibelius
Sym 2 Flute part. (Flutes love ledger lines.)  I don't think it is a general
rule that LilyPond needs to follow, but would be nice, if we can turn it off.

It remains unwise to use the same mechanism to prevent bar-line overhang as
the mechanism to prevent span-bar collisions.