Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 11:31:53 +0200

On 3 juil. 2012, at 10:18, Janek Warchoł wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> my favorite patch returned!  Yay!
> I did some testing and the results are here:
> http://lilypond-stuff.1065243.n5.nabble.com/file/n5705594/patchset37-results.tar.gz

Thanks Janek!  Very valuable stuff.

> (sorry, too big for an attachment - 200 kB)
> In short:
> - staffswitch lines are broken

This is because VoiceFollower is not set as (cross-staff . #t) in
define-grobs.scm.  I'm not sure why...this seems like a good idea irrespective
of how the skyline work pans out.

> - barnumbers collide with ties

This came from a rare problem that arose from the tie threading through the bar
number.  Fixed.

> - some ties change shape

This will take me some time to figure out...I'm gonna have to look at all the
parameters going into tie scoring and see which ones are changing.  I'll likely
push something to staging the weekend or next week in the style of
Tie_formatting_problem::spew () that gives tons of specs and then run the
output through python to pick up on changes.  Of course, if any tie gurus have
intuition about this, lemme know!

> - some things move too close to each other, as if padding was nixed

Should be fixed.

> - some skylines are really weird

This is likely a directioning problem - all upwards pointing skylines seem to
come out just fine.  The culprit would most likely be in stencil-integral.cc:
the notion of "UP" must be hardcoded somewhere that it shouldn't be.

> - sometimes objects interlock too much.

This was the case in the lyric example you sent.  I fixed it by adding light
skyline-horizontal-padding to lyrics.

> hope this helps!
> Janek

I won't post a new patchset until all of the problems are fixed, but know that
most of them are.  I very much appreciate the research!

Cheers,
MS