Re: Texinfo help, please

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texinfo help, please
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 03:03:19 +0100

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 02:49:21PM +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Jean-Charles Malahieude wrote Saturday, July 14, 2012 1:29 PM
>
> > I think that most of these bad presentations are due to the fact that
> > proofreading is done with the HTML version.  We should then advocate
> > that the "final draft" before pushing a patch that touches any part of
> > the documentation, should be checked with the PDF version of the
> > concerned manual.
>
> I would hope not, as that would preclude my doing any
> more documentation work.

Agreed.  Checking multiple output formats is *way* too much work.
If somebody really cares about the presentation, they're welcome
to start reviewing docs and making changes as necessary.  (but
make sure send stuff for review after one hour of work, so that we
can settle any general questions arising before you make a lot of
changes in a direction that we don't approve of)