Re: Fix Issue 2146 "Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap" (i

From: john . mandereau
Subject: Re: Fix Issue 2146 "Illegal entry in bfrange block in ToUnicode CMap" (issue 6399046)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 09:34:09 +0000

On 2012/07/20 09:04:28, dak wrote:
On 2012/07/20 08:48:32, Graham Percival wrote:
> LGTM

I am somewhat concerned (meaning that I have no clue whatsoever, but a
queasy
feeling) about the implications for running/installing LilyPond in
various
directories.  Will this do the right thing for testing with and
without separate
build directory, for GUB, and the typical fake-root build schemes
employed by
RPM and apt?

It looks like it nails down some absolute paths in the configuration.

Your concerns don't apply to a use of lilypond.map limited to building
LilyPond documentation, which I think I handle correctly with this patch
w.r.t. seperate build directory or not and GUB (as long as GUB makes
available NCSB fonts to configure script).

Your concerns would apply if we installed and distributed lilypond.map,
but I don't include this in this patch, because I don't want to do it
without document it, and feel to bad with the current state of
lilypond-book documentation w.r.t. fonts handling with tex documents (it
roughly says that warning about fonts may be ignored) to edit it without
a boatload of testing with lilypond-book/tex/texinfo samples, which may
require from me extra initial work understanding how fonts selection and
inclusion works.

I propose to fix the issue w.r.t. LilyPond doc build, closing issue
2146, and not fuss with distributing lilypond.map until I can
investigate this with help of experts like you and Werner.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6399046/