Re: Reduces langdefs.py warnings in doc build (issue 6487046)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Reduces langdefs.py warnings in doc build (issue 6487046)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:40:01 +0200

2012/8/27 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:
> I've updated generic-targets as you suggest, to this:
>

> doc-stage-1:
> make -C $(top-build-dir)/Documentation/po out=www messages
> $(MAKE) -C $(depth)/scripts/build out=
> $(MAKE) out=www WWW-1
>
> It builds the .mo files, as you were intending, but I get this error:
>
> /home/phil/lilypond-git/./Documentation/po/GNUmakefile:28: warning:
> overriding commands for target `po-update'
> /home/phil/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/podir-targets.make:14: warning:
> ignoring old commands for target `po-update'
> make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent make
> rule.
> /home/phil/lilypond-git/./Documentation/po/GNUmakefile:28: warning:
> overriding commands for target `po-update'
> /home/phil/lilypond-git/stepmake/stepmake/podir-targets.make:14: warning:
> ignoring old commands for target `po-update'
> make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent make
> rule.

You should use $(MAKE) instead of "make", then the "jobserver
unavailable" should not appear any more. The overriding warnings are
an issue with the design of Documentation/po/GNUmakefile, all the
makefiles for gettext stuff need to be refactored, but I postpone this
to after the merge of stepmake/stepmake/ and make/ (for which I've
already uploaded a patch, but need to add support in Patchy to get and
test Gerrit changes, see https://grenouille.lilynet.net/gerrit/#/c/1/
)

Best