Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond

From: James
Subject: Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:42:16 +0100

Hello,

On 29 August 2012 13:26, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:44:17AM +0100, James wrote:
>> On 28 August 2012 08:17, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > - Patchy staging-merge: powerful computer, no fixed internet
>> >   connection.  Every 6 hours?
>>
>> As you know you have mine that already does test-patchy (manually) and
>> has done 'staging-merge' but it has no real bandwidth to offer
>> 'hosting' or 'remote access' to other users - it sits at home behind a
>> bog-standard DSL router. So it's essentially a 'push-only' server so
>> to speak - hence the reason it was ok for Patchy merge.
>
> Yes.  If you're ok with this, let's continue using your computer
> as this.  Could you re-enable the cronjob to run staging-merge
> every 6 hours?

Not a problem,  I'll need some time tonight to re-look at setting up
patchy-merge - (re)setting up push ability and all the smtp stuff, I
reinstalled a new LilyDev the day before so need to do all that admin
(mainly remind myself too). It's not a big deal but it'll take me an
hour or so to get it all straight again, so don't turn off the other
patchy merge just yet until I give the go ahead.

> John, could you disable staging-merge on Grenouille?  that should
> free up some computing resources for the other tasks.

James