Re: Lilypond benchmarking

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Lilypond benchmarking
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 21:12:17 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith OHara" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:49 PM

Phil Holmes <email <at> philholmes.net> writes:

2.17.26 are similar: it look like current devel is slower where there's a
lot of interleaving of notes and dynamics to be done, which is probably to be expected with the more sophisticated skylining code. I'd conclude there
is no fundamental performance problem with our current build.

I assume your tables show the numbers of minutes required to typeset
the input ?

Seconds, not minutes :-)

FWIW, I find my build machine on Ubuntu is much faster.

--
Phil Holmes