Re: Isolated durations in music sequences now stand for unpitched notes

From: janek . lilypond
Subject: Re: Isolated durations in music sequences now stand for unpitched notes (issue 22120043)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 11:48:14 +0000

Awesome!!

could you push it in a branch, so that I could read the commits in
sequence?

On 2013/11/09 19:05:29, dak wrote:
You need to use q here.  Sorry, but it would not do to turn

<< \new Staff { <c e>4 }
    \new RhythmicStaff { 4 4 4 4 }

into

<< \new Staff { <c e>4 }

since then every note stem in RhythmicStaff would have two heads.  The
main feature is being able to write naked rhythms.  In the contexts
where they are of interest, it should be no problem if they inherit an
arbitrary pitch, but they can't magically turn into chords.

Good point.
However, what about restricting the "pitch inheritance" to the current
context, or the current music expression (code block inside {} )?  I.e.
in

  \new Staff { <c e>4 4 4 4 }

the pitches would be inherited, while in

<<
  \new Staff { <c e>4 }
  \new RhythmicStaff { 4 4 4 4 }

they won't, because LilyPond wouldn't look back further than the
beginning of current context/expression.  Do you think that would be
doable?

best,
Janek

https://codereview.appspot.com/22120043/