Re: Isolated durations in music sequences now stand for unpitched notes

From: benko . pal
Subject: Re: Isolated durations in music sequences now stand for unpitched notes (issue 22120043)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:35:43 +0000

On 2013/11/12 10:23:56, dak wrote:
a) we don't commit ourselves either way: it is undefined what a pure
duration
after an intervening chord will do.

b) just single pitches, no chords: that's what this patch proposes.

c) also chords: this patch needs more work, supporting code must be
written,
Pitch_squash_engraver has to be changed etc etc.

The problem is that with both options b) and c), we'll soonish have
music
depending on this behavior.

I'm leaning towards a): tell people not to rely on particular behavior
after a
chord for now.

how does a) differ from b) patch-wise?

https://codereview.appspot.com/22120043/