Re: Double G clef, tenor G clef, varpercussion clef and varC clef (issue

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Double G clef, tenor G clef, varpercussion clef and varC clef (issue 47840043)
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:54:15 +0000

Hi Marc and all,

I've attached a scan of a fragment using some 18C alto and tenor clefs
(Handel, Acis and Galatea, 1718).  I'm not suggesting you use these as
the altC clef as they are rather ugly, but rather to inform some
suggestions for the varC clef.

I think the bulbs at top and bottom right should range with the overall
height of the clef, making it rather more like the default C-clef.

You may want to consider adding the extra line to the right-hand side of
the clef, but I'm agnostic on this one, as I have seen a C-clef very
like your design without the extra line.

As you can see, alternate c-clef is used in both alto and tenor position
in this example.

On 06/01/14 12:07, Joram Berger wrote:
> Am 06.01.2014 12:17, schrieb address@hidden:
>
> Hi,
>
> this perhaps does not count as reference, but the Bravura font by
> Steinberg has this clef (the 3rd from the right in the attached image).
> The "angles" are here centered around the c'' (not the d'') and they are
> rectangular and simple.

... and look disgustingly ugly in combination with the pen-stroked
treble clef.

> Cheers,
> Joram

Cheers,