Re: Double G clef, tenor G clef, varpercussion clef and varC clef (issue

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Double G clef, tenor G clef, varpercussion clef and varC clef (issue 47840043)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 10:47:15 +0100

Am 18.01.2014 07:12, schrieb address@hidden:
First of all: Looking at clefs.tenorG, patch set 5 compared to patch
set 4 has a side effect: It reduces the height of the glyph's top.  Is
this intentional?  I guess it's not, so please fix this.

Done.

I don't fully understand why (yet), but the order in which the two parts
(g clef and tenor extension) are drawn seems to matter somehow despite
the fact that all variables are saved and made internal.

Compiling with

   mf2pt1 --rounding=0.0001 feta20.mf

The script returns the following errors (from a self-compiled fontforge
binary based on the git repository, identifying itself as
9-Dec-2013-ML-TtfDb-D):

   [...]

This is a bug in FontForge;
> [...]

Well, that's bad, but kind of reassuring that this is not a fault of mine ...
[...]

I see two solutions:

   1. Make this intersection point of three outlines a real point, which
should be then part of all three METAFONT paths.

   2. Slightly shift up the horizontal lines starting at points 1''' and
8''' to avoid this triple intersection point completely.

One of the two solutions should work, I expect.

I decided to go for sulution 2 but I can't test it on my machine
(I don't have a self-compiled double-precision fontforge around)

https://codereview.appspot.com/47840043/diff/80001/mf/feta-clefs.mf
File mf/feta-clefs.mf (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/47840043/diff/80001/mf/feta-clefs.mf#newcode531

mf/feta-clefs.mf:531: -- z108
Whitespace...

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/47840043/diff/80001/mf/feta-clefs.mf#newcode563

mf/feta-clefs.mf:563: forsuffixes e := l,,r:
Wrong indentation.
Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/47840043/diff/80001/mf/feta-clefs.mf#newcode575

mf/feta-clefs.mf:575: .. z210e{down_}
Wrong indentation (this is, missing vertical alignment to `z221e').
Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/47840043/diff/80001/mf/feta-clefs.mf#newcode613

mf/feta-clefs.mf:613: pair ne_beam_dir,nw_dist;