Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font

From: tisimst
Subject: Re: Question about customizing emmentaler font
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 10:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

Urs,

That's exactly what I'm saying. If someone could figure out how to create a
function to only change those two fonts, I agree, that would be great! It
certainly adds to the complexity of make-pango-font-tree. I just couldn't
figure it out in the short time I've worked on it :), so I simply resorted
to modifying the current one.

I can't see why you couldn't make a script in order to make a SMuFL font
work with LilyPond. Now, it's not quite as convenient as "\smuflOn" and
"\smuflOff", but I'd think people wouldn't mix notation fonts for different
passages in the same document (maybe I'm wrong). This might also make it
easier to make LilyJAZZ more compatible, though I haven't tried it.

At your request, I've attached a PDF showing cadence notation and gonville
braces.

mixing-notation-and-brace-fonts-example2.pdf
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n162037/mixing-notation-and-brace-fonts-example2.pdf>