Re: Ties within chords inconsistency

From: Joram
Subject: Re: Ties within chords inconsistency
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 23:42:21 +0200

Hi David,

> Why wouldn't it be a chord?

That's why I wrote »Or is it a real chord?«.

> Articulations and ties not written _inside_ of a chord do not belong to
> "single notes".  They belong to a moment in time.

This was the missing piece for my understanding. I would have expected
that an a and a c' are two single notes and if they are combined into a
chord, they are inside it. But it without involving <...>, the
attributes are not inside (and therefore outside) of the chord. I would
call that counter-intuitive. It did never bother me though.

Cheers,
Joram