Re: Issues list status

From: James
Subject: Re: Issues list status
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:27:25 +0100

Hello,

On 15/09/15 13:57, Phil Holmes wrote:
> A comment and a question about the status field of the issues list.
>
> Comment: with Google code, the status was automatically set to "Accepted"
> for issues manually entered by a registered user.  I see no reason for not
> continuing this policy, but it does mean that bug squad members (and
> anyone else entering issues) needs to remember to set the status manually.
>
> Question: there's a number of patches from _ages_ ago
> labelled "needs_work".  I believe we should change them to "abandoned",
Actually - after reading the CG for how patches are handled (I am
currently updating the CG here), it is the Patch Meister's
responsibility every 6 months or so to list all patches that are
needs-work to see if they should be changed to abandoned and preferably
by the dev who had the patch.

So i will try to do that on the next countdown.

> but I also think that there's no point in leaving them
> as "new", "accepted" or "started".  Seems to me that any with
> patch:abandoned should be marked with invalid status.  Does the list agree?
What about setting it to 'blank'?

James