Re: Issues list status

From: James
Subject: Re: Issues list status
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 16:55:03 +0100

hello,

On 15/09/15 16:50, David Kastrup wrote:
> Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If a patch has been abandoned for lack of skill or time, Status should
>> been abandoned because the developer decided it didn’t make sense, or
>> if it has become obsolete through other development, then
>> Status:Invalid will be the right choice.
>>
>> I also think that we should deprecate Type:Patch. It doesn’t say
>> anything on the area in which the patch operates; it’s redundant if
>> Patch: is set at the same time; and the difference if an issue has had
>> an associated patch from the beginning or later on is a mere
>> administrative one and has no relevance for dealing with the issue.
> Agreed.

Well instead of doing this peace-meal via email threads and since I am
looking at re-freshing our CG why not at least consider

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor-big-page#issue-classification
as a whole

Then I can submit a patch, and we can have the discussion and perhaps
(all at the same time) agree and update our docs!

James