Re: Issues list status

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: Issues list status
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 10:13:36 -0600

On 2015-09-15 08:36 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:

Don't really like the idea of an undefined status. If we don't go for "invalid", perhaps another "closed" status of "abandoned" would be better.

--
Phil Holmes

Abandoned patches are a bit different from closed issues, IMO. It's absolutely necessary to keep the list of Open issues to a reasonably manageable size, so making Abandoned equivalent to closed seems wise. There may be some risk in losing the trail of work done, when the issue is closed by Abandoned, although I suppose a decent search of the issues DB should turn up the bread crumbs. I also agree with James, that this is a good time to review the CG.

Cheers,
Colin
--
What information consumes is rather obvious: it consumes the attention of its recipients. Hence a wealth of information creates a poverty of attention, and a need to allocate that attention efficiently among the overabundance of information sources that might consume it.
 -Herbert Alexander Simon, economist, Nobel laureate (1916-2001)