Re: Define French as a separate input language (issue 288290043 by addre

From: dak
Subject: Re: Define French as a separate input language (issue 288290043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 21:01:49 +0000

Thanks.  I really think we are better off without "francais".  I think
the original motivation of "espanol" was to avoid trouble with loading
"español.ly" (which would have been the original interface to languages)
system-independently.

https://codereview.appspot.com/288290043/diff/40001/scm/define-note-names.scm
File scm/define-note-names.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/288290043/diff/40001/scm/define-note-names.scm#newcode555
scm/define-note-names.scm:555: (francais . (
On 2016/02/28 19:43:06, Valentin Villenave wrote:
On 2016/02/28 12:18:29, dak wrote:
> français seems permitted as a symbol name in both Guile-1.8 and
Guile-2.0.

I’m not sure we use non-ascii symbol names or variables anywhere else
in
LilyPond’s codebase. Granted, defining it as an alias doesn’t help
anyway.

I'm not enamored with going through a symbol for the lookup, but since
precedent has already been established by español, it seems pointless
trying to change that within the scope of this patch.  So we can just
think about that another time independently.

https://codereview.appspot.com/288290043/