Re: two bugs (?)

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: two bugs (?)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:48:56 +0200

> i've enclosed the midi file i get when i generate the score. i've also
> included an archive of the .ly files used.
>
> the midi output was working with timidity and my sound-card perfectly,
> until my score reached a certain size and amount of instruments. when i
> investigated which instruments were causing the problems, it was always
> different instuments that were having problems.

I haven't looked at the details of the MIDI format for
several years but from a quick look at the descriptions
at www.wotsit.org, it seems that you can only have 16
different channels in a MIDI file and each channel
corresponds to one instrument (and one Lilypond Staff
context). At the moment you have 18 different instruments.
It might help to reduce the number of staves for the
MIDI output to use only one for each kind of instrument
and let each part correspond to a separate voice.
This means you probably need a separate \score{} block
for the MIDI output.

   /Mats