LilyPond: international lyrics ?

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: LilyPond: international lyrics ?
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:15:38 +0100 (MET)

Hi all!

Next NoteEdit

 (http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html)

version will have choices for MusiXTeX export:

1. select the module fonts TeX (T2A, OT2, OT1...)
2. select the locale file (latin1, cp1251, koi8-u, koi8-r...)
3. additional selection of package ucs for UTF-8

An Ukrainian user said this makes it possible to have
correct cyrillic (Russian/Urkrainian) letters in MusiXTeX output.

Of course, if this were possible for LilyPond, I'd introduce
such choices for LilyPond, too. I'm convinced there are
some Russian (Greek, Arabic ...) LilyPond users on this list.

If so, perhaps somebody knows whether I can simply
add for instance for russian/cyrillic LilyPond lyrics:

\usepackage[T2A]{fontenc}
\usepackage[cp1251]{inputenc}

to LilyPond header and code the lyrics UTF-8?

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)