Re: OT: How to become a mutopia-writer

From: Matthias Kilian
Subject: Re: OT: How to become a mutopia-writer
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:40:50 +0100

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 11:45:02PM +0100, Roland Goretzki wrote:
> > I wouldn't know without asking Henle (the holder of the copyright
> > right?), who could probably answer about any pieces of theirs you ask
> > about.
> In the mailing from Kilian this seems more easy,
                      ^^^^^^ "Matthias", or just "Kili", please :-)
> and his reasons sound not bad.

For what I wrote: there's some information on mutopia:

    http://www.mutopiaproject.org/legal.html

So, if you've "Henle Urtext", which means "Henle engraved it from the
original but didn't apply any changes to the original music", it's in
the public domain. At least that's my (probably naive) understanding.

Ciao,
        Kili