Re: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:18:13 +0200

Fairchild írta:

Bert -

Re A)  That's not nice.  I try hard to keep c:\ clean and bury stuff in
c:\Program Files, necessary when maintaining multiple versions.
Sorry, you'd better get used to it :-) You can't have a space in the folder name. So you can use c:\prog\cygwin or something similar, but the most simple is to use c:\cygwin.

Re B)  I use v 2.4.3.  It does produce pdf when invoked from Cygwin.
Then use 2.4.6 :-)

Re C)  How does lilypond gather it's arguments.  Under Cygwin, I use "-f ps
<filename>".
lilypond <filename>

Seems a good option is to use jEdit with LilyTool, and continue to use
Cygwin instead of Console.  Does this bypass any neat features?
Yes. For example jumping to errors with a click.

Bert