RE: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: LilyPond 2.4.2 for Windows 98
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:31:18 -0500

Bert -

Getting closer.

Using Plugins > LilyTool > Process/view > Run Lilypond gives:

===============================
lilypond /cygdrive/C/Program Files/lilypond/home/Bruce/jEditTest.ly
/usr/bin/bash: line 1: cd: /cygdrive/C/Program: No such file or directory
GNU LilyPond 2.4.3
warning: can't find file: `/cygdrive/C/Program'
warning: can't find file: `Files/lilypond/home/Bruce/jEditTest.ly'
error: failed files: Files/lilypond/home/Bruce/jEditTest.ly
/cygdrive/C/Program
LilyPond ready.
===============================

So, as you point out, a space in the path is a no-no, though, at times,
using quotes as ...\"Program Files"\... is acceptable.

Entering the first line following directly in Console gives almost exactly
what I want to achieve:

==================================
lilypond -f ps jEditTest.ly
/usr/bin/bash: line 1: cd: /cygdrive/C/Program: No such file or directory
GNU LilyPond 2.4.3
Processing `jEditTest.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [4]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks... [3][4]
Layout output to `jEditTest.ps'...
Converting to `jEditTest.pdf'...
LilyPond ready.
===================================

Can't find where "/usr/bin/bash: line 1: cd: /cygdrive/C/Program" comes from
or what it is trying to do.  Doesn't seem necessary?

Where are the bash inputs set as generated by LilyTool > Process/view > Run
Lilypond?  Seems being able to change to "lilypond -f ps jEditTest.ly" would
make me a happy jEdit-LilyTool-Camper.

Note the pdf file is being generated.  Is there a way to display it directly
from jEdit/LilyTool?

A minor thing:  How to change the font that is used for displaying keyboard
shortcuts in jEdit menu drop-down windows?  I've found ways to enlarge all
other fonts to readable size, but this one eludes me.

The click thing doesn't seem to be working.  The dvi output is garbled.
Maybe I don't have a decent dvi viewer installed?  Working on it.

Thanks for your help.

                                     - Bruce