Re: Chord library

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: Chord library
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:05:25 -0800 (PST)

seb-g wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:45:52PM -0800, address@hidden
> wrote:
>>
>> Here is an example of my "non-programmers" approach to forming a chord
>> library: (note this example can only be run in version 2.11.4 or better
>> due
>> to a crash issue)
>
> Ok I will install 2.11.4. I am still old fashion with 2.11.2 :-).
>
> This is a GREAT idea as long as tags can include any chars.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --
> Sebastien Gross

A define-music-function would be better than tags, then the whole library
would be inside a function where you just specify the chord name as a string
parameter then have a giant IF statement to generate the named chord, (root
and duration would also be function parameters).

Like this:

\myChordLibrary c, "Maj7_2", 4

The above would generate a chord with a transpose root of c, with the
inversion of "Maj7_2" (version 2 of a maj7 chord), for a quarter note
duration.

Do you know how to use define-music-function (I dont)?  Would this be a hard
function to write?

Thanks
Rick