Re: How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?

From: Robert Kennedy
Subject: Re: How do I get rehearsal marks at both end and beginning of lines?
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 00:14:31 -0800

I wrote:
> Werner wrote:
> > Robert wrote:
> > > I want a rehearsal mark at the end of one line, and a different
> > > rehearsal mark at the beginning of the next line.
> > Hmm.  I've never seen this before.  I assume that you use the
> > RehearsalMark grob for something different, right?
> I don't understand your question. Something different from what?
> Maybe I want a fermata on a bar line that comes at the end of one
> line, and a tempo indication at the beginning of the following line.
> I can think of many more situations where I might want a rehearsal
> mark at the end of one line and also at the beginning of the next
> line.

Let me ask my question a different way.

Suppose I have a 'Fine' and a rehearsal mark '\markup{\box{"C"}}'
occurring at the same bar line. If the bar line comes in the middle of
a line, I want the two marks printed together, consecutively. If the
bar line comes at the end of a line, I want 'Fine' at the end of the
first line, and '\markup{\box{"C"}}' at the beginning of the next
line.

What is the right way to do it?

This situation occurs very often. It happens in a large fraction of
the big band charts I've seen, for example.

        -- Robert