Re: Aligning relative to page - Use OOoLilyPond

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Aligning relative to page - Use OOoLilyPond
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:00:50 -0700

Paul Harouff wrote:
The problem with the LilyPond documentation is that users

... don't contribute as much as they should.

http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/documentation-adding

If I could wave a magic wand to get perfect documentation, I would. If I could turn into a magical anime girl and fix all bugs in lilypond with the power of my courage and love, I would. Especially if I got a little talking animal mascot character as well. And those dresses look really cute.

LilyPond is open source. That doesn't mean that we're your slaves. It means that it's legal for anybody -- including YOU -- to improve the program.

I make it _very_ easy for *anybody* to help the documentation. For most changes, I don't ask for patches and the like. All I need is an email with exact changes. See the above link.

If you have the technical capability to complain about the docs, you have the technical ability to improve those docs.

Have a nice day,
- Graham Percival, LilyPond Documentation Editor.