Re: GDP: Repeats

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: Repeats
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:26:19 -0800

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:08:21 -0500
"Palmer, Ralph" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unless overridden by popular acclaim, I would like to keep the syntax
> in the section, even if we decide to call it something less
> intimidating to novices than "syntax". There is at least one other
> section with a similar entry (1.2.1.2 Tuplets), and I find it
> clarifying and reassuring.

Err... what?  Tuplets has lots of examples.

> 1.4.  Repeats
> 1.4.1.        Repeat construction
> 1.4.1.1.      Repeat syntax and types of repeats
>                               This is the syntax
>                               These are the types of repeats
> supported

I don't like having subsections with only a single subsubsection
-- in other words, X.Y.Z.A numbers with only a single .A.  If it's
unavoidable we could do that, but I'd really like to avoid them.

> 1.4.2.        Writing repeats
> 1.4.2.1.      Repeated phrases using notated begin and end repeat
> signs
>                               Simple
>                               Complex %%i.e., with alternative
> endings Manual repeat commands

All of this inside 1.4.2.1 ?  You're not allowed to add any
smaller portions -- ie there's no 1.4.2.1.1.

Cheers,
- Graham