Re: White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)

From: Till
Subject: Re: White Baroque notation (was: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 65, Issue 34)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 09:46:52 -0700 (PDT)

I indeed was referring to that one -- looks like a nice solution, I guess a
number of 2 would also be sufficient to get open note heads?

@Karl:
I think, these editorial tricks are not only specific to ancient music --
and there is also enough material in the staff section that should allow you
to create an additional staff (ossia) above withought staff lines to it
would show only the rhythms. I agree with Graham, that we cannot give an
overview on music basics in the notation manual. That would be a rather
different course: Learn ancient notation with LilyPond. :-)

But, on the other hand, since the ancient chapter is so special, well, maybe
it would be useful to have some very basic stuff still explicitly
mentioned...

Till

-----