Re: Proposed syntax change: renaming of \center-align markup command

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Proposed syntax change: renaming of \center-align markup command
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 00:57:38 +0200

Am 17.08.2008 um 00:39 schrieb Neil Puttock:

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

To recap, the favoured option is as follows:

horizontal alignment (single): \left-align, \center-align, \right- align vertical alignment (stacked): \left-column, \center-column, \right- column

As for \hcenter and \column, should I leave these as duplicates of
\center-align and \left-column (which would help minimize user
complaints), or remove them?

Cheers,
Neil

I think the names for the commands are great, but I'm still confused.

\hcenter and \column and duplicates of \center-align and \left-column (currently \center-align and \left-align)? Umm, really?
\version "2.11.54"
\paper {
  #(define dump-extents #t)

  line-width = 160\mm - 2.0 * 0.4\in
  indent = 0\mm
  force-assignment = #""
  line-width = #(- line-width (* mm  3.000000))
}

\markup {
  \left-align {
    one
    two
    three

\markup {
  \column {
    one
    two
    three

\markup {
  \hcenter {
    one
    two
    three

\markup {
  \center-align {
    one
    two
    three

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I get different results. Or is the goal here to change them so that they are duplicates.