Re: \textLengthOn - choosing which note to lengthen

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: \textLengthOn - choosing which note to lengthen
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 08:25:38 -0400

Hi Carl,

It seems to me that to do this there needs to be an equivalent of
\textLengthOn for TextSpanners.  What you're after is the objective of
having a musical interval have a length at least as long as your markup.

Correct.

musical intervals (as opposed to musical moments) are the domain of spanners. [...] Based on looking at the Internals Reference, I'm sure it can be done
with TextSpanners, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Aha! Thanks for the hint — I'll see what I can figure out from there.

Best,
Kieren.