Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:39:23 -0700

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looks good so far, but I'd suggest to make the underlining of links a bit
> less annoying, esp. in the navigation frame where there are lots of them.
> Something like:
>
> a {
>        text-decoration: none;
>        border-bottom: 1px dotted #be6;
> }
>
> a:hover {
>        /*
>        change the text color like you do
>        hide the underlining/border if you wish, I'd rather not
>        */
> }

I agree.  But I changed the border color because the green was not
showing up well against the blue background in the nav bars.

> Perhaps increase the font size of <tt> to match the surrounding text?

Yes.  I just realized all of the code examples use <pre>, which are
*extremely* difficult to style.  Maybe a future release of texi2html
should use <code> instead.  As a workaround, I converted the blocks
that use <pre> to monospace.  Everything should be scaled fine now.

> Regarding the tables, e.g. "Note names in other languages":
> I'd suggest
>
> th, td {
>        vertical-align: top;
>        text-align: left;
>        border-bottom: 1px solid #be6;
> }

This would be difficult given the structure of the HTML right now.
Reinhold, would it be easy to add a new class for these @smallexample,
@multitable constructs? (line 393 of pitches.itely)

I also compressed the spacing of the footer and changed the link's
appearance, as Reinhold suggested.

Thanks for your feedback,
-Patrick