Re: generating pdf and png but no ps

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: generating pdf and png but no ps
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:18:54 -0500

Sebastian,

Your situation is perfectly suited for the script that Patrick Horgan and I wrote. Now, the script also crops the extra white space off, so you might need to edit the script a bit if you don't want the margins cropped off. Just look for the part in the loop that uses pnmcrop. It handles multipage files just fine, and it cleans up .ps files as part of the process. It's very easy to set the resolution and output format (png is default, but it also supports many other formats). Your command looks like this for a png output at 72 DPI:

lily2image -r=72 -f=png filename.ly

You can also make a transparent background if you want, and you can set it to preview the converted files in your default image viewer with a -p flag.

The only dependency is the netpbm package, easily obtained from most linux repositories I would guess.

Script and manpage are attached.

Jonathan

Sebastian Menge wrote:
Am Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:38:39 +0200