Re: generating pdf and png but no ps

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: generating pdf and png but no ps
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 10:24:57 -0500

Are you wondering what my lily2image project is about?  Well,

1) me learning how to script (biggest reason of all, probably, since this started out only as something I was going to use myself and evolved into something much more complicated)

2) creating musical examples (by which I mean images of music notation to insert in a document or web page) from lilypond source that are cropped properly (lilypond with png output does full pages)

3) being able to choose from variety of image output formats at the same moment as calling lilypond rather than having to convert them later;

4) being able to specify parameters with easy-to-remember flags instead of long options I have to look up in the documentation every time.

I suppose you could say it's a reinvention of the wheel, but this wheel rides more smoothly for me :)

Jon

Alexander Kobel wrote:
Jonathan Kulp wrote:
[...]
Your situation is perfectly suited for the script that Patrick Horgan
and I wrote. [...]
These are the moments when I think I should set up my own little project
where I can reinvent the wheel for all basic stuff on myself.
I'm just missing an idea what this project should be all about... ;-)

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com