Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: confused about transposing from treble clef to bass clef
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:05:29 -0800

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:34:15PM +0100, james bailey wrote:
> 2008/11/16, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > Read the bloody tutorial and LM 3.  Particularly the "syntax of a
> >  lilypond file".
>
> Seriously, Graham, if you can't be nice and fuzzy, don't respond.

In general I do that.  But Chip had asked four questions already,
and received three answers from Jonathan, and was still quite
lost.

Then I replied, and his next email ended with "Thanks for pointing
me to the correct reference, even though you didn't need to be so
bloody rude about it."

Would people rather get "rude + accurate" responses, or "warm +
fuzzy + not solving the problem" responses?  I personally would
*much* rather get the former.

> And, I know it makes complete sense to you, but a normal person would
> never think to look at documentation for a version other than the one
> they're using.

No, it doesn't make sense.  That's why I take every opportunity to
suggest the 2.11 docs on the mailist, and can't wait for 2.12 to
be out.

If the initial response to his question was "read the 2.11 docs
about transposition and file syntax", the whole discussion would
have been over in 2 or 3 emails.

- Graham