Re: Transpose

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Transpose
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:41:11 +0200

2009/3/30 Ossie Wilson Snr <address@hidden>:
> My current problem is in transposing a song (for a grand daughter) and a
> whole bunch of double accidentals and natural/accidental combinations have
> turned up in the resultant printout – not too good for fast recognition by
> the accompanist (according to my wife).

Also choose carefully a transpose interval which does not give too
much accidentals. For example, given a tune with sharps in the key
signature, if you want it to be transposed half a step up, do not try
to transpose it from c to c sharp, because you'll end with many double
sharps. Transpose it from c to d flat, which has the same effect but
simplifies the resulting key. Also remember to include the original
\key command into the expression being transposed, if you want it to
be transposed as well.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)