Re: OFF TOPIC: on porting Platform Builder 6.0 [WAS: Re: Notation Editor

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC: on porting Platform Builder 6.0 [WAS: Re: Notation Editor with MIDI]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:19:26 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes
Ah, that's a relief.  Now listen-up fellow LilyPond developers
and users: I'm not going to help you as I just got relieved from
this task, but will *you* please port Platform Builder 6.0 to Linux, so
that Helge may switch to Ubuntu?

I'm saying please, but you may take this as an order!  ;-)

Platform Builder 6.0 is a beautiful piece of software which, when ported
to Linux may greatly help Microsoft advance their dieing mobile and
embedded OS solutions -- and may almost enable Helge to switch to
Ubuntu.  So, what are you waiting for!?

Helge, to avoid burdening our community with an unnecessary load
of work, could you please check if Platform Builder 6.0 runs in
wine, on Ubuntu Jaunty?  Thanks!

Or in vmWare, or one of the other virtual machines ...

(I'm thinking of trying one, but with 3/4Gb ram and an Athlon 1050 - no I don't think they made one but it's a 1400 running at a 100MHz FSB instead of 133 - I think it'll make pretty heavy weather of running it. And at the moment a PC upgrade isn't on the cards :-(

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden