Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:29:44 +0100

Op donderdag 12-11-2009 om 05:49 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Kieren
MacMillan:

Hi Kieren,

> > There is nothing to learn.  Have you seen a file?  Adding plain
> > text is more intuitive than using Apple's finder.  Really.
>
> Well, since I don't even have a build system that works yet, this is
> all totally moot at the moment...

Graham may be happy to receive/include useful plain text bits
that have not been verified by the build system.

> > Chances are problems are fixed before you encounter them
> > if you use a platform other people use.
>
> So we should all use Windows?  ;)

Choice comes with a price.  We choose GNU/Linux as a primary
development platform because we wanted to develop a free
software.  I think that was -- and still is -- the most
sensible choice.

It is not my intention to ridicule or limit /your/ choices.
I'm just pointing out that choosing something different will
--currently still -- cost you.

> What's IRC? [Only 1/2 kidding...]

   http://lilypond.org/web/about/index.html

search for irc :-)