Re: pid leakage in LilyPond

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: pid leakage in LilyPond
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 10:52:26 +0000

David,

As you would have probably seen in a subthread of this.

The Mac version actually does have the nice ability to not have to run lilypond as a CLI but uses hot-keys (cmd-s to save and cmd-r to compile, see the changes, make some edits in the inbuilt editor and then hit those two hot keys again new PDF) it's great! :)

So it is an application, but it is the lilypond.app itself.

You also don't have to keep closing the PDF file (like you do in windows) as preview (in built for the mac os) just re-displays the new changes rather than what windows does, which requires me to always close the PDF. Unless that's just my PDF viewer (I use foxit on Windows).

James

David Kastrup wrote:
Patrick Karl <address@hidden> writes:

I have noticed a resource problem in LilyPond, namely invocation of
the "Compile/Typeset file" command in interactive mode always
consumes one more pid.

You are obviously not talking about LilyPond but some application you
use as a development shell.

What application?