Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Mailing Subject Format Inquiry
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:01:55 -0800

* Steven White <address@hidden> [2010-02-15 12:41]:

Other then that the only problem I have run in to is a good way to visually block off the "Mystic Chords" found in the piece for turning in the final analysis of the paper. I am currently just punting back to photoshop and editing lilypond's png output to add " A Square Bracket " around the measures that comprise each "Mystic Chord" All of the other notations we are easily able to do using \markup or the other editorial notation. I fear this falls out of the realm of normal engraving so other then drawing figures in postscript I think the wife is out of luck of any automated notation. If I can't come up with a solution in the next couple days I will likely create a new thread in search for aid.

Don't know if this suggestion is useful, but other possible ways include
changing the size, shape, or colour of the notes in question. (I'm aware
that colour may not be an option in all cases, but it's there and
relatively easy to do.) These possibilities are probably not as good as
brackets, but they have the advantage of being easy to do from within
Lilypond.

--
David