Re: "Programming error" message

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: "Programming error" message
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:23:27 -0800

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2010, at 3:35 PM, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>>
>> Also, which LilyPond version are you using?  I've been working on a
>> lot of Pango/text issues lately, so some of the error messages have
>> changed form in recent 2.13 versions.
>
> This was 2.12.2-1 on Mac OS X 10.4.11.  I get Pango complaints all the time
> with Lilypond but they seem to have no effect whatsoever on the output.

Well, I can't test anything on OS X 10.4, but whenever I test LilyPond
with simple .ly files on OS X 10.5 or 10.6, I don't see any of the
FT_Get_Glyph_Name warning messages.

Not unless my test file contains non-ASCII characters and is not saved in UTF-8.

>> If your file *is* saved in UTF-8, please post it to the list so I can
>> inspect it.
>
> Since I edit my .ly files in Emacs and don't have it set to save in UTF-8, I
> assume the default is plain ASCII.  I might have been getting these warnings
> for a while and just hadn't seen them as they are below the bottom of the
> buffer as it is displayed in Emacs.

The strange thing to me is that you are not seeing any problems in the output.

Have you looked over this documentation page?

  http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text-encoding

-Patrick