Re: Add prefix to lyrics

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Add prefix to lyrics
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:47:32 +0200 (CEST)

>> > I think that the font should provide the minimally acceptable
>> > hyphen.
>
> I'd say that minimally acceptable for lyrics is far too short for
> text (and acceptable for text is too long for lyrics).

I disagree.  A hyphen is a hyphen is a hyphen, so to say.  It must has
the font's default hyphen length and must not be shortened, otherwise
a reader gets distracted IMHO since it looks unusual.

> will font's hyphen be acceptable for lyrics as a _minimally_
> acceptable.

I think the answer is yes.  However, this is my feeling and not based
on facts.  Maybe someone has some time to investigate that by checking
various vocal scores of various publishers.

    Werner