Re: Complex time signature

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Re: Complex time signature
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 12:25:05 -0500

Ralph, look here:

http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/temp/time_sigs.ly

I've used this, with some adjustment in the 2.13 development versions, and I
think it works unaltered in 2.12. It should do exactly what you want. In some
of the later 2.13 versions you have to manually control beaming as that gets
broken, but since you are using 2.12, I think that Reinhold’s materials should
work as is.

In my case, I store the polymetric bits in a separate file and include them, so
I get code like the following:

> \include "../_includes/polymetric.ly"
>
> upper = \relative c'' {
>       \clef treble
>       \key e \minor
>       \override Score.TimeSignature #'break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
>       \compoundMeter #'((3 3 2 8))
>       \time 8/8
>       \tempo 8 = 560
>       \overrideBeamSettings #'Staff #'(8 . 8) #'end #'((* . (3 3 2)))
>
> %m1
>       \once \override Rest #'extra-offset = #'(8 . 0) r1\mp |
>       r4. r4. g8(^\( fis8) |
>       \repeat volta 2 {
>               e4. e4. e4 |
>               d4. g4.~g4 |

It's been a while since I worked with this, and I think I had to manually force
the beaming in some instances for later versions of 2.13.

If you'd like a sample PDF and the full (2.13.24) file so you can see how these
things work, let me know

-Arle