Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:28:38 +0100

2011/1/19 Mike Solomon <address@hidden>:
> I'll chime in and say that, although there is a workaround, the fact that
> there is not good out-of-the-box spacing may effect a lot of real world
> examples of choral music that is being engraved using lilypond.
>
> It may be worth it to add this to the issue tracker and get this fixed in one
> of the first 2.14 bug fixes (if not 2.14 itself) - thoughts?

In my opinion this issue is important and potentially widespread, and
as such it should be considered a high priority one.
I also think that a good solution would mean changing the lyrics
spacing mechanisms considerably (especially because it's connected
with some vertical and horizontal lyrics spacing issues that should be
addressed).
I have some thoughts on these topics, but from what i see the
discussion about them may become monstrous in size, so i'm waiting
until 2.14 is out.
I suppose that's what we should do: release 2.14 and fix this issue
thoroughly soon after that.

cheers,
Janek